Hurricane Laura Recovery Assistance
Called to Care for Others
Updated Sept. 4, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
Recovery from catastrophes like Hurricane Laura will take years. But we can help now. Our support to our neighbors, friends and loved ones to help them recover from this disaster is a sign of Christ's love to those in need in the greater community. Thank you for your prayers and your generosity.
Diocese of Lake Charles Hurricane Laura Relief Update
We have been informed that the Diocese of Lake Charles has been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from parishes and organizations conducting donation drives to assist in their recovery. Their Catholic Charities’ warehouse in Lake Charles where the donations have been collected is at capacity and the Diocese has taken the following actions to better coordinate these donations:
1. The Diocese of Lake Charles created a new process for tracking future donations of supplies through a form so that they will be informed of what items are being collected, estimated delivery date, location, etc. Click here for the form.
2. The Diocese of Lake Charles set up a simple Amazon donation list that will be shipped to the Diocese of Lafayette designated for Catholic Charities of Southwest Louisiana. Click here for the Amazon wish list.
They have also indicated the best way to support their efforts at this time is through a monetary donation or by purchasing supplies through their Amazon wish list, which will be updated as needed.
Finally, the Diocese of Lake Charles has asked that any volunteers wanting to travel to the area to assist with recovery to please wait until the region's infrastructure has recovered.
To donate to the Hurricane Laura relief efforts, please contact one of the following Catholic Charities:
Catholic Charities of Southeast Texas - Click to Donate
2780 Eastex Freeway
Beaumont, Texas 77703
Phone: (409) 924-4400
Toll Free: 1-855-924-4400
Fax Number: (409) 832-0145
- LAKE CHARLES, LOUISIANA
Catholic Charities of Southwest Louisiana - Click to Donate
1225 2nd Street
Lake Charles, LA 70601
Several groups are hosting supply drives for SW Louisiana, including the St. Cecilia Knights of Columbus, Hope Disaster Recovery, and TX Congregational Disaster Readiness.
- Roof tarps – reinforced, UV resistant, water-resistant, minimum 20’x15’ (Not all tarps are waterproof)
- Lumber: 1X2x8’s OR 2x2x8’s or longer
- Nails: Button Cap /roofing nails
- Nails: 3” nails
- Screws: 3” deck screws
- Non-perishable (basic) foods
- Water or beverages that do not require refrigeration
- Personal hygiene: shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, combs, brushes, depends – either individually or in prepared kits.
- Baby Food/formula
- Household cleaning supplies / Wipes
- Small first aid kits
NO Perishable foods
NO Foods requiring refrigeration
NO Prepared foods
Sunday, Aug 30 - Tuesday, Sept. 1 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
St. Cecilia Catholic Church (in front of the Community Center)
11720 Joan of Arc Dr, Houston, TX 77024
If you would like to make a monetary donation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the St. Cecilia KofC Charitable Fund, a 501c3 organization. All proceeds will go to Hope Disaster Recovery.