St. Joseph Ministry
Foster Care & Adoption Services
"Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me"
The St. Joseph Ministry works to connect parishes with vulnerable families and youth in the Houston area. Our teams seek to provide material and emotional support and mentorship to parents, families and youth in a variety of difficult circumstances. Because of the size of the Archdiocese, parish teams are divided into regions, allowing them to work closely and collaborate with one another.
There are a number of ways for your parish to be involved in this effort:
- Providing meals for foster families at your parish
- Hosting support groups for foster parents or kinship families in your area
- Assisting with needed material items for foster families through existing ministries (e.g., St. Vincent de Paul chapter)
- Visiting youth staying in local residential homes
- Mentoring young adults aging out of the foster system
As indicated above, many existing parish ministries can be adapted to incorporate assistance to foster families and children. To learn more about the St. Joseph Ministry and getting connected with other St. Joseph parish teams, contact Julie Dumalet at the Office of Pro-Life Activities at 713.741.8728 or email@example.com.
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is proud to have as community partner the team at The Riverside Project, a Houston-based 501(c)(3) working to strengthen the support network surrounding families, children and young adults in the foster care system.
The Office of Pro-Life Activities makes referrals to Christian adoption agencies, for more information call