Pregnancy & Infancy Help
"Peace be with you; I give you my peace. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid" John 14:27
A Catholic network helping women in crisis pregnancies.
The Gabriel Project is a pro-life parish-based apostolate of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston offering assistance to women experiencing difficult circumstances during pregnancy. Gabriel Project volunteers act to provide practical advice and help, as well as spiritual support and Christian witness to mothers in need. Our Gabriel Angels are trained to provide some of the following based on your particular needs:
- Be a resource to answer questions about pregnancy, childcare, and parenting
- Provide friendship, emotional, and spiritual support
- Help with items for a new baby
- Knowledge about available community resources to meet your needs
If you or someone you know is experiencing a difficult pregnancy, please contact us online by clicking here or call 713-225-5826. We're here to help!
Education and Job Training
Food and Clothing
Houston Diaper Bank
Houston Diaper Foundation
Pregnancy Help Centers
Substance Abuse Resources
If you are interested in starting a Gabriel Project in your parish, please contact the Office of Pro-Life Activities 713.741.8728.
Manual (Updated 06.2023)
The national Walking with Moms in Need campaign is seeking to serve families in need. This year-long discernment process helps each parish community assess and improve upon its response to women and children in need.
A suggested timeline for Walking with Moms in your parish would include:
- Phase 1: Announce Walking with Moms & build Core Team
- Phase 2: Launch Parish Inventory Process
- Phase 3: Assessment of Inventory & Begin Planning
- Phase 4: Announce & Commit (plan for) Parish Response
- Phase 5: Implement Parish Plans
For more information on getting started, contact the Office of Pro-Life Activities at 713-741-8728 or email@example.com or visit www.walkingwithmoms.com. To find quick resources for getting started check out the Parish Action Guide.