The Office of Evangelization and Catechesis, guided by the Holy Spirit, serves the Archbishop in directing and moderating the evangelizing and catechetical activity of Galveston-Houston in order to draw people into a deeper communion and intimacy with each other and Jesus Christ.
We Believe That Sound Catechesis:
- reflects gospel values and church teaching to encourage discipleship,
- enables the spiritual growth and giftedness of all people,
- is a lifelong, on-going process of education, formation and transformation,
- reflects sensitivity to the multiple expressions of the family and supports the enrichment of the family,
- responds to all ethnic groups in all diocesan geographical areas.
- invites and empowers the community to assume responsibility for the ownership of its faith formation.
We Serve One Another Through:
- witnessing to gospel values,
- prayerful support, availability and presence,
- offering opportunities for spiritual development,
- providing ministry formation programs and processes,
- offering guidelines and resources,
- planning and program development,
- providing placement services,
- networking and collaboration,
- consultation and support.
The Office of Evangelization and Catechesis is guided by the Archbishop of the Archdiocese and follows the directives of the National Catechetical Directory, #218, #238 and #259.