Intermediate Formation for Catechetical Leadership (IFCL)
Intermediate Formation for Catechetical Leadership (IFCL) has replaced and upgraded the Basic Formation for Catechetical Leadership (BFCL). We are currently revising this program and hope to be able to schedule a session soon.
The Archdiocese seeks to promote excellent preparation, formation, and professional competence among these ministers through its Office of Evangelization and Catechesis. The Office provides leadership formation for these ministers at three levels: basic, advanced, and ongoing.
Intermediate formation confirms that a Parish Catechetical Leader has successfully completed the requirements of foundational intellectual, spiritual, human, and pastoral formation to serve in this area of responsibility in the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston.
In order to earn a certificate, one must take all the required classes. We also offer classes individually for those who want to update their formation.
- Human Development
- The Person of the Catechetical Leader
- Evangelization Documents
- Inculturation and Intercultural Ministry
- Devotions and Popular Piety
- Catechetical Documents
- Organization and Administration of Catechetical Programs
- Effective Communication
- Conflict Management
- Pastoral Care
- Leadership Development
- Catholic Social Teaching
- Early Childhood Catechesis
- Catechesis for Christian Initiation of Children
- Adolescent Catechesis
- Adult Catechesis
- Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA)
- Ministry to Persons with Disabilities
- Introduction to Planning and Leading Prayer Services
- Retreat Planning
- One-Day Retreat "My Spiritual Journey"
For more information please contact: