Programs for Re-Marriage and Civilly Married Couples
New Fully Online Option Available
Agape Catholic Ministries provide a fully online primary marriage preparation program verified by our Archdiocese that can be used if you are civilly married or want to re-marry too. The program is available in English, Spanish, and French, and it consists of one-on-one interaction with a specialized mentor couple following a series of 7 web and email conversations. As an engaged couple, you can set your own pace to covering all the contents, and it will take you between 1 to 2 months to complete.
The program costs USD 194 per couple or USD 245 for rush couples.
Click on this link for checking how it works and register. (You will be directed to a website outside the Archdiocese).
Before registering, please make sure you have conducted your prenuptial interview at your parish, you have your dispensations ready and you are cleared to begin your marriage preparation process. Enjoy your preparation!
Once completed, present your certificate of completion to your pastor or Family Life Director at your preparation parish, and keep a copy for you, for possible record comparison. To complete the process, we also recommend asking your church about the online NFP classes available for you!
We will continue to support and offer In-Person preparation programs as the context permits, and the excellent network of volunteers serving our Church can provide. Please see more information and registration links below. Please note that any program that normally as an overnight stay at Cameron Retreat Center, is being presented as a commuter style program.
Picture of Love
Marriage Prep for Civilly Married Couples Preparing for Catholic Marriage (formerly Convalidation Weekend)
Picture of Love Marriage Preparation is a primary marriage prep program for couples who are preparing for marriage in the Catholic Church after a secular (civil) marriage. It is also for couples preparing for Catholic marriage who have been living as husband and wife for 5+ years and have children. The program is held usually on a Friday night and all day Saturday. Topics covered in this program include:
The program is hosted at different parishes throughout the year and is presented by "team couples" who are part of the host parish's marriage prep team. This program is part of an overall marriage preparation plan taking place at every couple's home parish. Couples preparing for marriage in the Catholic Church, who meet basic eligibility requirements may attend. Please see the basic eligibility requirements below.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR PICTURE OF LOVE MARRIAGE PREPARATION:
- Couples who attend this program must be working with a priest, deacon, or lay marriage prep minister at a parish church and have been found to be free to marry in the Catholic Church. This typically means the couple has had their initial interview with their marriage minister.
- Administration and review of a pre-marriage inventory, such as FOCCUS, PREPARE-ENRICH, PMI or other, is highly recommended prior to attending this program.
- Couples attending this program may be civilly married for any amount of time. It is our recommendation however that young couples married civilly for less than two years attend an Engaged Encounter Weekend instead of this program if possible.
- Another eligible group includes couples who have been living together as husband and wife for 5+ years and have their own children.
- A clergy recommendation is still required as part of the application process.
Cost for this program is $125 per couple
New Life Retreat
The New Life Retreat is a primary marriage formation program focusing on the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony and the skills necessary for successful Christian marriage. The program was designed for couples who must address the unique dynamics of creating a blended or step-family.
The New Life Retreat is considered a PRIMARY marriage preparation program when taken as part of the formal marriage formation process at a parish.
Eligible couples include:
1. Couples who are in the formal stages of marriage preparation (working with clergy at a parish) who are divorced but have been found to be free to marry in the Catholic Church after a Declaration of Nullity.
2. Widows who are considering or are formally preparing to enter Catholic marriage
3. Couples who are marrying for the first time, but one or both have children from previous serious relationships
4. Divorced or widowed couples who are exploring Catholic marriage but haven't started the formal process and are seeking marriage education
August 21-22, 2020 Cancelled.
October 9-10, 2020 To be confirmed.
The fee is $125 per couple. It includes retreat material, meals (dinner on Friday, breakfast, lunch, and snack on Saturday) and one overnight stay at Cameron Retreat Center.