Programs for Re-Marriage and Civilly Married Couples
Here is what we DO have to offer!
In the current climate of NO, POSTPONED and CANCELLED... which there is a lot of going around right now, I thought it would be helpful to let you know about the few things that are available right now if you are preparing for the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony and you are either civilly married and preparing for the Sacrament of Matrimony or previously married and preparing for a remarriage in the Catholic Church! Picture of Love (for Civilly Married Couples) and the New Life Retreat (for remarriage or creation of step-family) have two offerings this summer. The New Life Retreat will be presented at Cameron Retreat Center on June 26-27 and Picture of Love will be presented on July 24-25 at Christ the Redeemer Catholic Church. Please see more information and registration links below. Please note that any program that normally as an overnight stay at Cameron Retreat Center, is being presented as a commuter style program.
Picture of Love
Marriage Prep for Civilly Married Couples Preparing for Catholic Marriage (formerly Convalidation Weekend)
Picture of Love Marriage Preparation is a primary marriage prep program for couples who are preparing for marriage in the Catholic Church after a secular (civil) marriage. It is also for couples preparing for Catholic marriage who have been living as husband and wife for 5+ years and have children. The program is held usually on a Friday night and all day Saturday. Topics covered in this program include:
The program is hosted at different parishes throughout the year and is presented by "team couples" who are part of the host parish's marriage prep team. This program is part of an overall marriage preparation plan taking place at every couple's home parish. Couples preparing for marriage in the Catholic Church, who meet basic eligibility requirements may attend. Please see the basic eligibility requirements below.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR PICTURE OF LOVE MARRIAGE PREPARATION:
- Couples who attend this program must be working with a priest, deacon or lay marriage prep minister at a parish church and have been found to be free to marry in the Catholic Church. This typically means the couple has had their initial interview with their marriage minister.
- Administration and review of a pre-marriage inventory, such as FOCCUS, PREPARE-ENRICH, PMI or other, is highly recommended prior to attending this program.
- Couples attending this program may be civilly married for any amount of time. It is our recommendation however that young couples married civilly for less than two years attend an Engaged Encounter Weekend instead of this program if possible.
- Another eligible group includes couples who have been living together as husband and wife for 5+ years and have their own children.
- A clergy recommendation is still required as part of the application process.
Cost for this program is $125 per couple
- June 19-20, 2020 @ St. Ignatius of Loyola, Spring TX (sorry postponed)
- July 24-25, 2020 @ Christ the Redeemer NOW OPEN!
New Life Retreat (New!)
The New Life Retreat is a primary marriage formation program focusing on the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony and the skills necessary for successful Christian marriage. The program was designed for couples who must address the unique dynamics of creating a blended or step-family.
The New Life Retreat is considered a PRIMARY marriage preparation program when taken as part of the formal marriage formation process at a parish.
Eligible couples include:
1. Couples who are in the formal stages of marriage preparation (working with clergy at a parish) who are divorced but have been found to be free to marry in the Catholic Church after a Declaration of Nullity.
2. Widows who are considering or are formally preparing to enter Catholic marriage
3. Couples who are marrying for the first time, but one or both have children from previous serious relationships
4. Divorced or widowed couples who are exploring Catholic marriage but haven't started the formal process and are seeking marriage education
June 26-27, 2020 REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE
August 21-22, 2020 REGISTRATION IS (Coming soon!)
October 9-10, 2020 REGISTRATION IS (Coming soon!)
The fee is $125 per couple. It includes retreat material, meals (dinner on Friday, breakfast, lunch, and snack on Saturday) and one overnight stay at Cameron Retreat Center.