Programs for Engaged Couples
Process for Getting Married in the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Engaged Encounter Weekend
This marriage preparation program is tailored for couples who are engaged and have not been previously married. Unless otherwise noted, Engaged Encounter is a residential retreat held at Cameron Retreat Center. Couples spend the night in men's / women's dorms and meals are provided. Couples are expected to stay for the entire retreat and focus exclusively on their future spouse. As is typical in Church retreats, no phones or electronic devices are permitted.
The weekend starts at 7:00 PM on Friday and ends by 3:00 PM on Sunday.
Engaged Encounter fulfills the Catholic marriage preparation requirement in the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston for a primary program but is usually a part of a larger process of marriage preparation. You will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the program. Cameron Retreat Center can only accommodate 32 couples per retreat so we encourage early registration. Retreats usually close 3-4 months in advance. A similar program is offered in Spanish.
Retreat fee is $250 per couple
FIND OUT WHAT COUPLES ARE SAYING ABOUT THEIR
RETREAT EXPERIENCE HERE!
- October 18-20, 2019 @ Cameron Retreat Center - FULL/CLOSED
- November 15-17, 2019 @ Cameron Retreat Center - FULL/CLOSED
- December 13-15, 2019 @ Cameron Retreat Center - FULL/CLOSED
- January 17-19, 2020 @ Cameron Retreat Center OPEN
- February 14-16, 2020 @ Cameron Retreat Center OPEN
- April 17-19, 2020 @ Cameron Retreat Center OPEN
- May 15-17, 2020 @ Cameron Retreat Center - COMING SOON
- June 12-14, 2020 @ Cameron Retreat Center - COMING SOON
- July 17-19, 2020 @Cameron Retreat Center - COMING SOON
- July 25-26, 2020 @ Christ the Redeemer** - COMING SOON
** This weekend is a non-residential retreat held at Christ the Redeemer Catholic Church in Houston. It is a full day Saturday, with breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided, and half-day Sunday (afternoon) with snacks provided. A locator map for the parish can be found by clicking here: Christ the Redeemer Catholic Church.
God's Plan for a Joy-Filled Marriage
This is a one-day supplemental seminar that explores the Theology of Marriage and sexuality more in depth. It is based on the Theology of the Body teachings of St. Pope John Paul II. Couples must take or be scheduled to take a primary program to register. God's Plan does not take the place of a parish-based or archdiocesan primary program. The seminar is usually scheduled on a Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Please see locations below.
The program fee is $75 per couple. Click HERE for on-line registration.
- October 19, 2019 @ St. Edward Catholic Church, Spring - CLOSED
- November 9, 2019 @ St. Dominic Archdiocesan Center, Houston - OPEN
- January 18, 2020 @ Sts. Simon and Jude - The Woodlands - OPEN
- February 8, 2020 @ St. Dominic Center - Houston (Central) - OPEN
- March 28, 2020 @ St. Edward Catholic Church, Spring - OPEN
- May 16, 2020 @ Sts. Simon and Jude- The Woodlands - COMING SOON
- June 6, 2020 @ St. Edward Catholic Church, Spring - COMING SOON