Pope Francis wants to hear from you!
June 13, 2017
Pope Francis, seen here riding the Popemobile at World Youth Day in Krakow last year, is seeking input about young people in the Church of today and how to better serve them. Photo by James Ramos/Herald.
"The Church also wishes to listen to your voice, your sensitivities and your faith; even your doubts and your criticism. Make your voice heard, let it resonate in communities and let it be heard by your shepherds of souls."
- Pope Francis. Letter to Young People regarding the upcoming 2018 Synod -
HOUSTON — In October 2018, Catholic bishops from all over the world will meet in Rome with Pope Francis to focus on “Youth, Faith and Vocational Discernment.”
A survey based on the Preparatory Document for this 15th Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops was created by the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston to gather important information to help advise bishops and the Holy Father for this very significant occasion.
Data from this survey will also be used to help the Archdiocese better serve the young people in our local parishes.
Update: The survey is now closed. Please keep the Synod and the youth of the Catholic Church in your prayers.
What is a synod?
This video explains what a synod of bishops is, in light of the 2015 Synod of Bishops on the Family. The upcoming 2018 Synod of Bishops focuses on the young people of the Church.
- 'You are in my heart': Pope's letter to young people
- Read the preparatory document for the Synod, here. (PDF)
- Prayer of the Pope: Prayer of the Pope Young People, the Faith and Vocational Discernment
- About The Faith and Vocational Discernment
- History of the Synod
- Official Vatican Website on the XV Synod of Bishops on Young People, the Faith and Vocational Discernment
- To participate in the “Youth, Faith and Vocational Discernment” survey by the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, click here.