2015 Lenten Events Around the Archdiocese (1)
February 20, 2015
PARISH/KC FISH FRIES
• HOLY ROSARY KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS FISH FRY, after the Friday 5:15 p.m. weekday Masses, Feb. 20, 27, March 20, 27 at Holy Rosary Parish (3617 Milam St., Houston). $5 suggested donation. Call 713-529-4854 for more.
• CO-CATHEDRAL OF THE SACRED HEART KC COUNCIL 803 FISH FRY, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. Feb. 20, 27 and March 6 at the Co-Cathedral Centre (1701 San Jacinto, Houston). $10 at the door. Feb. 27 to feature a healthy fish grill with savory grilled fish with homefries, salad and fruit, others feature traditional fish fry with classic fried fish and hush puppies, cole slaw and dessert. Proceeds benefit Co-Cathedral community, KC Scholarship Fund and Catholic Educational Charities. Contact the Parish Office at 713-659-1561 for more.
• CHRIST THE GOOD SHEPHERD KC COUNCIL 10872 FISH FRY, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. on Fridays during Lent except Good Friday at Christ the Good Shepherd Church large parish hall (18511 Klein Church Road, Spring) Contact the Parish Office at 281-376-6831.
• NOTRE DAME KC COUNCIL 7036 FISH FRY, 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. every Friday, until Good Friday, Feb. 20 at Notre Dame's Community Center (7720 Boone Rd., Houston). $10 adult, $6 kids plate selections offer baked and fried fish, catfish court bouillion, fries, hush puppies, cole slaw, vegetables and ice tea. To-go available. Kids under 4 are free. $1 Homemade desserts made by CDA Court Blessed Trinity 1971 for purchase. For more information, Gerry at 281-498-7039.
• ST. CYRIL OF ALEXANDER KC COUNCIL 8024 FISH FRY, 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. every Friday, until Good Friday, starting Feb. 20 at St. Cyril Church - Room 121 (10503 Westheimer Road, Houston). $9 Adult, $8 senior and $7 children plates. Bring seven canned goods for $2 discount. For more information, contact 713-789-1250.
• ST. MICHAEL KC COUNCIL 14700 FISH FRY, 5 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Fridays, Feb. 20 - March 27 at St. Michael Church (1801 Sage Rd., Houston). $8-$12 adult plates or $5 kid plates include fish or shrimp, sides and beverage. For more, visit kofc14700.org.
• ST. PHILIP NERI CHURCH FISH FRY, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. Feb. 20 - March 27 at the church (10960 Martin Luther King Blvd., Houston). Dinners available: crawfish etoufee, catfish, or tilapia, all served with homemade potato salad and green beans. Fax large orders to 713-734-0331. Buy 10 orders, get one dinner for lagniappe (free!). For more information, call 713-733-8000.
• ST. MAXIMILIAN KOLBE KC COUNCIL 10720 FISH FRY, 7:15 p.m. at the St. Maximilian Education Bldg. (10135 West Road, Houston). Service begins after the 7 p.m. Stations of the Cross. $8 adult plates and $4 child plates consist of fish (fried, baked and blackened), grilled cheese, fries, hushpuppies, beand and coleslaw. Eat in and to go plates are available. The local Catholic Daughters chapter will provide desserts. Proceeds from the fish fry go to the Deacon Auburn Higgins Memorial Scholarship. Contact 281-955-7324.
• PRINCE OF PEACE KC COUNCIL 8482, 5 p.m. - 8 p.m., Fridays in March, at the Prince of Peace Community Center (19222 Tomball Parkway, Houston) or the KC Hall (9623 Zaka Road, Houston). Each location features fried or grilled fish, fried shrimp and gumbo. At the KC Hall, enjoy bingo and a cash bar. Fun for the entire family. Take-out is also available. For more information, contact Gary Maly at 281-439-2686 or email@example.com.
• SACRED HEART, RICHMOND FISH FRY, 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. in the Family Life Center (507 South 4th St., Richmond). $10 adult/ $5 child plates include fried (or grilled) fish, fries, hush puppies, green beans, coffee, tea and lemonade. Cheese pizza and Society of St. Margaret Mary desserts will be available for sale.
• OUR LADY OF LOURDES KC COUNCIL 10393, SANTA FE FISH FRY, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. each Friday in Lent through March 27 at 11100 Hwy 6, Santa Fe. $8 adult/$4 kid plates include a menu of baked or fried fish, French fries, cole slaw, vegetable, iced tea, coffee, and dessert. Stations of the Cross follows at 7 p.m.Stations of the Cross follows at 7 p.m.
• ST. EDITH STEIN KC COUNCIL 12955 FISH FRY, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. in Carmel Hall (3311 N. Fry Road, Katy) each Friday in Lent. $9 adult/$4 kid plates include a menu of catfish, fries, coleslaw, green beans and hush puppies. Fried shrimp and jalapeno poppers are extra, but lemonade and iced tea are included.
• OUR LADY OF FATIMA - TEXAS CITY FISH FRY, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. each Friday in Lent through March 27 at the church (1600 9th Avenue N, Texas City). $8 plates. For more information, call 409-945-3326
• Epiphany of The Lord KC Fish Fry, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. in the PAC Center Fridays through March 27 at Epiphany of the Lord (1530 Norwalk Dr., Katy). Plates range from $2 - $14 and include coleslaw and fries. Dine in includes tea, corn and green beans. Appetizers rage from $3 - $9. Proceeds benefit local Katy charities and seminiarian/youth scholarships.
Retreats, Missions and Events
• March 1-4: Sacred Heart - Manvel Lenten Mission, at Sacred Heart of Jesus (6502 CR 48, at SH 6, Manvel). This free mission features lay Catholic evangelist Tom Edwards speaking on how to apply the living Word of God to everyday life. Retreat schedule: Sunday March 1, 7 - 8:30 p.m.; Monday March 2, 9 a.m., 7 - 8:30 p.m.; Tuesday March 3, 9 a.m., 7 - 8:30 p.m.; Wednesday March 4, 10 a.m.
• March 9: Women’s Lenten Day of Prayer, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. at St. Anne Parish Center (2140 Westheimer Road, Houston). Featured speaker Robin Hebert, of Lafayette, La., will speak on ‘Caring for our Feminine Souls: Finding the Center in Our Busy Lives,’ and how to tap into feminine gifts to restore our lives for the benefit of our marriages, families, church and society. $20 cost includes lunch and noon Mass. Contact Betty Laperouse at 337-344-6769 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lenten reflection series, 6 p.m. at Holy Name Passionist Retreat Center (430 Bunker Hill Road, Houston). All are invited to an evening of a presentation on the Passion, reflection time, confessions and Mass. Free and open to the public; a free will offering is appreciated. Call 713-464-0211 or visit passionist.org/holyname.