Catholic Cemeteries plan regarding COVID 19
In light of the constant updates from government officials and statements from the Archdiocese regarding the coronavirus, the Catholic Cemeteries would like to inform you of the current conditions involving burials and burial planning.
The burial of the dead is a corporal work of mercy and a very important part of our physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being related to the loss of a loved one.
OUR OFFICES AND COMMUNITY MAUSOLEUMS ARE OPEN!
Please exercise prudent Covid-19 safety protocols currently in place.
OFFICE HOURS and OFFICE LOCATIONS
The office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30.
- Olivet - 7801 I-45 South, Dickinson, TX 77539.
- Calvary - 2506 65th Street, Galveston, TX 77551
- We prefer to communicate via phone and email
- We ask you to call us prior to visiting our office locations
- The offices are disinfected and cleaned several times throughout the day.
- We kindly request that a limit of two to four persons visit to make the burial arrangements
Beginning on May 1, 2022 (subject to change, call office for update)
- Graveside services should be limited to family, pallbearers, and Celebrant or Deacon. Seating is limited to 8 chairs. Be kind and permit those needing assistance to be seated first
- Upon arrival at the cemetery, the hearse is to proceed to the gravesite
- All vehicles in the procession are to park in an orderly fashion behind the hearse
- Attendees are to follow the instructions of the Funeral Director and/or Cemetery Representative at all times
- At the conclusion of the graveside service, visitors are to return to their vehicles. When the grave has been closed, and the cemetery staff has departed, the family/visitors may again approach the grave
The Office of Catholic Cemeteries is a ministry of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston devoted to the works of mercy that pertain to dealing with death in the context of faith. Specifically, we maintain and develop the cemeteries, owned, and operated by the Archdiocese, as sacred places dedicated to the religious purposes of:
- Burying the dead
- Praying for the living and the dead
- Comforting those who mourn
- Witnessing to our shared belief in one, holy, Catholic, and apostolic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sin, and the resurrection of the dead
We offer educational programs, which provide information on Catholic burial practices, Catholic approaches to death and dying (including end-of-life issues), and the "nuts and bolts" issues faced by people having to make funeral arrangements. In these presentations, we promote the full use of the Order of Christian Funerals, and the benefits of preparing all funeral arrangements (from liturgy to the funeral home to cemetery) before the time of need.
Director of Catholic Cemeteries
Office: 281-337-1641, x1010
Director of Sales and Operations
Office: 281-337-1641, x1004
Family Service Associates:
Don Bilek, x1006
Gracie Ramirez, x1003
Office: 281-337-1641, x1005
Michael Sabatier, Head Maintenance
Mount Olivet Cemetery
7801 Gulf Freeway (I-45 Southbound) @ Hughes Road
Mailing address: P O Box 965, Dickinson, TX 77539
Holy Cross Cemetery
3502 N. Main Street, Houston, TX 77009 (off I-45 Northbound)
St. Vincent Cemetery
2400 Navigation Blvd, Houston, TX 77003
Calvary Catholic Cemetery
2506 65th Street, Galveston, TX 77550
Old Catholic Cemetery, (visible from Broadway)
Avenue L between 40th & 43rd Streets, Galveston, TX 77550