Fall 2017 Nullity Case Sponsor Training in English
The Metropolitan Tribunal of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is pleased to announce its next formational training program for Nullity Case Sponsors in English. Through this 36 hour training, we are offering the opportunity to ensure that deacons and lay people recommended by their Pastors will be trained to serve as Nullity Case Sponsors.
It will be held in the Cathedral Centre, 1701 San Jacinto Street, Houston, TX 77002, on the following six Saturdays from 9 am to 4 pm.:
Course 1: September 9 & 16
Formal Nullity Petitions (12 hrs)
Course 2: October 14 & 21
Other Nullity Petitions & Privilege Petitions (12 hrs)
Course 3: November 11 & 18
Practicum of all Types of Nullity Scenarios (12 hrs)
The cost for all three sessions is $100. Individual sessions are $40. Scholarships are available if necessary, please contact the Metropolitan Tribunal.
Click here to register once you have your Pastor’s approval.
For questions please call the Tribunal 713-807-9286 or toll free 1-877-674-5801.
The Archdiocesan Metropolitan Tribunal, as defined in Canon Law, is an extension of the Archbishop's Judicial Ministry of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston and, as such, is concerned in a special way with the quest for justice. Grounded upon, and obedient to, the Magisterial teachings of the Church, the Metropolitan Tribunal serves as a means of delineating responsibilities and protecting rights as they are authentically proclaimed and legitimately codified in Church Law.
In addition to studying requests for nullity petitions, and Privilege of the Faith petitions, other services include:
- Acts as a resource to the Archbishop in canonical matters.
- Serves as a consultative agency for priests, religious, and laity regarding canonical policy.
- Assists agencies and institutions of the Archdiocese with information of policy or programs related to marriages.
- Serves as a public relations agency and/or a source of information with regards to canonical matters.
- Serves as Court of First Instance for petitions challenging the validity of marriages and adjudicating the rights of physical and juridic persons.
- Serves as Court of Second Instance for non-matrimonial cases that are not reserved to the Holy See.
Metropolitan Tribunal Staff
Very Rev. R. Lucien Millette, J.C.L.
Adjutant Judicial Vicar
Rev. Richard A. Wahl, C.S.B., J.C.L.
Promoter of Justice
Rev. John E. Cahoon, J.C.L.
Ms. Anne Bryant, J.C.L.
Very Rev. Lawrence W. Jozwiak, J.C.L.
Rev. Eric Pitre
Rev. Trung V. Nguyen, J.C.L.
Rev. Thu Ngoc Nguyen, J.C.L.
Defenders of the Bond
Rev. Alberto A. Maullon, Jr., J.C.L.
Rev. Edwin A. Coreas, J.C.L.
Mr. Jose Garcia, J.C.L.
Mrs. Donna Grupa
Ms. Maria del Carmen Gonzalez
Mrs. Jennifer Nguyen
Mrs. Karina Herrera-Inzunza
Mrs. Shannon Ferrell
Mrs. Erin Rodriguez
Mrs. Cheva Cervantes