Faith Formation >
Catholic Schools
School of Environmental Education >
Marriage, Families and Seniors >
Prayer and Worship >
Social Justice and Life >
Our Cultures >
Office of Child and Youth Protection >
Tribunal >
English >
Information About Annulments
Types of Petition Forms >
Formal Church Petition for a Declaration of Nullity
Lack of Canonical Form
Prior Bond (Ligamen) Petition
Privilege of the Faith Petition
Request Church Certificates
Securing Civil Documents
Ways to Locate Former Spouse
Español >
Vietnamese >
National Association of Filipino Priests—USA 3rd National Assembly

Types of Petition Forms

Case Sponsor


There are different types of nullity petitions. To ensure that you do not complete an incorrect petition form, you must FIRST consult with a Case Sponsor at a Catholic parish. A Case Sponsor is a priest, deacon or lay person designated by the parish who determines what type of petition you must complete and assists you in the preparation of the petition. (There is no fee associated with obtaining a petition form or for the services of a Case Sponsor.) A petition will NOT be accepted without a Case Sponsor.

Download Forms

  1. Formal Church Petition for a Declaration of Nullity 
  2. Lack of Canonical Form 
  3. Prior Bond (Ligamen) Petition
  4. Privilege of the Faith Petition