|Canonical Staff in the Office:|
Rev. Lawrence W. Jozwiak, J.C.L.
Rev. Richard A. Wahl, C.S.B., J.C.L.
Rev. R. Lucien Millette, J.C.L.
Rev. Alberto A. Maullon, Jr., J.C.L.
Rev. Thu Ngoc Nguyen, J.C.L.
Rev. Edwin A. Coreas, J.C.L.
Ms. Anne Bryant, J.C.L.Canonical Staff outside the Office:
Rev. Eric Pitre
Rev. John E. Cahoon, J.C.L.
Rev. Trung V. Nguyen, J.C.L.
Mrs. Donna Grupa
Ms. Maria del Carmen Gonzalez
Mrs. Jennifer Nguyen
Mrs. Karina Herrera-Inzunza
Mrs. Shannon Ferrell
Mrs. Erin Rodriguez
Mrs. Cheva Cervantes
|The Archdiocesan Metropolitan Tribunal, as defined in Canon Law, is an extension of the Archbishop's Judicial Ministry of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston and, as such, is concerned in a special way with the quest for justice. Grounded upon, and obedient to, the Magisterial teachings of the Church, the Metropolitan Tribunal serves as a means of delineating responsibilities and protecting rights as they are authentically proclaimed and legitimately codified in Church Law. |
In addition to studying requests for nullity petitions, and Privilege of the Faith petitions, other services include:
- Acts as a resource to the Archbishop in canonical matters.
- Serves as a consultative agency for priests, religious, and laity regarding canonical policy.
- Assists agencies and institutions of the Archdiocese with information of policy or programs related to marriages.
- Serves as a public relations agency and/or a source of information with regards to canonical matters.
- Serves as Court of First Instance for petitions challenging the validity of marriages and adjudicating the rights of physical and juridic persons.
- Serves as Court of Second Instance for non-matrimonial cases that are not reserved to the Holy See.