|Katherine Bingham, MPH, MNM, Director|
Virginia Eckert, MA, Associate Director
Mark Ciesielski, LMSW, Associate Director
Holley Martinez, Secretary
Location: St. Dominic Chancery
Ask the Doctor
Newsletter - Senior Chatter
St. Dominic Village
The Office of Aging Ministry recognizes the gifts and needs of senior adults and responds with resources and programs to enhance these years of their lives. Through ongoing activities we serve as a resource to parishes in the area of senior adult ministry.
The Catholic community of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is called to share the Christian belief in the value and importance of family life at each stage that it is lived. Each of us is called to minister according to the gifts, talents and charisms given us by God throughout our life's journey.
- Offer training, leadership and support to parishes in the development of senior adult ministry programs that enhance the spiritual, social and physical well being of elders.
- Serve as a resource to parishes and families in the area of aging.
- Sponsor leadership training, days of prayer, workshops, conferences, and educational programs in the areas of aging ministry.
- Promote and support the development of self-help groups within the parish setting.Serve as an advocate on behalf of elders in issues affecting their lives.
- Provide information and referral services to elders and their families.
- Support the activities of the Senior Senate of the Galveston-Houston Archdiocese.
- Publish a quarterly newsletter related to aging ministry.
- Represent the Archdiocese in community, government and professional organizations and activities for the benefit of older adults.
Senior SenateThe Senior Senate of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston represents parish seniors through promoting unity, fellowship, coordination and representation in issues and concerns of seniors through a variety of programs and activities of spiritual, social, educational and recreational interests.
Parish clubs may designate representatives from their membership to serve as a representative to the Senior Senate. The Senior Senate coordinates activities throughout its membership to enhance parish senior adult activities.
- Catholic Charities - Catholic Charities Senior Services strives to ensure that seniors in need can live independently as long as possible. For more information visit http://www.catholiccharities.org/ or call them at 713-874-6588.
- www.christushomecare.org– not for profit home care system in the CHRISTUS Health family–among the top 10 Catholic health systems in the U.S. Providing Home Health, Hospice, Private Duty and Personal Care Attendant services; call 713 630 5555 for additional information.
- http://www.srguidance.org - Welcome to the Senior Guidance Directory & Caregiving Handbook - your source of vital information and community services available in the greater Houston.